Please help: No idea what to look for in a new LCD monitor

d_source

Daemon Poster
I just found out that with a new system that i plan to get, i will need a new monitor as well. I am going to get either a 17" or 19" LCD screen but i dont know anything about what to look for or what manufacturers are good in this area. Can anyone help me out with some details?

Is benQ a good manufacturer fo LCD monitors?
(prices in CAD)

Benq 17" LCD monitor FP757-16 (with MIR $50) $335
Benq 19" LCD monitor FP931 (with MIR $50) $499
Samsung 19" LCD monitor 913V (with MIR $30) $547

These are the ones i have been quoted on.

i have BenQ FP731 and i dont find it ghosts at all, it ran Half Life 2 with out any ghosting so i figure those ones will probly be pretty good too, only thing to look for is if you wanna game or not, if your into gaming go for lowest response time (i.e-12 ms) even 24ms isnt bad although lots of people would say go with 12ms or 16ms for gaming

depends on your budget and if you want things like a tv tuner in it. I would suggest a 17" considering they look alot bigger then a 17" crt. I still think the 19"s are pretty high in price. I have seen 17" ones as low as 190$ or so but just look around.

the budget is always wut matters. i.e. the best monitor is know of is (that is 17") the LG Electronics Flatron L1710SK. next on my list would be the Sharp LL-172A-B. thirdly is the Dell UltraSharp 1703FP. thats what i think. hope it helps. i want to know prices, the LG is $399, the sharp $479, and the dell (interestingly enough) is $529.

lol. i kno. it is a pretty expensive lcd. but it is pretty good. of course, the LG is by far what i think to be the best.

alwasy trust koreans, they noe their shit, not like "michael dell" who thinkis he some bigshot(okok he is but i dont leik him)

Back
Top Bottom