Please help: monitor slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seboko

Beta member
Hi I am not a computer technician but I want to learn. Recently my computer started delaying the signal to the monitor. That is after I switch my computer it takes something like 40 seconds to 60 seconds before anything appears on the monitor. What is the problem? Because of this I wouldn't even be able to do BIOS set up if I wanted to because by the time anything appears on the monitor it has passed the stage which it allows one to choose if the want to do BIOS set up.:(

when you boot your machine keep pressing the delete button. when you get video you should be in the bios. Try hooking up a different monitor and see if the problem is still there

Hey everyone. I'm having the same problem. Im trying to fix this one for someone else. The only thing with this one is that it sometimes takes 5 or 10 minutes for the monitor to come on. I've tried using a different monitor and even replaced the video card and still nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

smackfan76 said:
Hey everyone. I'm having the same problem. Im trying to fix this one for someone else. The only thing with this one is that it sometimes takes 5 or 10 minutes for the monitor to come on. I've tried using a different monitor and even replaced the video card and still nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Brings it to the OS and Motherboard, most likely the motherboard. Try the original monitor and video card on a different motherboard. Probably a problem with the connector on the motherboard.

Also, please post your own problems (no matter how similar) in a different thread, Hijacking other threads can result in no one focusing on the original issue.

Sorry, I just thought it would be better this way instead of having different threads on the same subject. I'll post my own next time.

Do you think the CMOS battery could be dead? If it was dead, would that stop me from getting any response?

how about turning on the monitor first to warm up so you can get into the bios. Also, you may have it setup where the bios/boot info is not visible.

It's probally just dying. My old monitor did that. It wouldn't come on until like the XP login screen, and it was really dark.

CrazeD said:
It's probally just dying. My old monitor did that. It wouldn't come on until like the XP login screen, and it was really dark.

I dont think it's the monitor. I'm using the monitor right now and it works fine. When I turn the power on, and if I wait about 10 minutes or so, it sometimes kicks on. And when it does comes on, it starts with the POST. It hasn't advanced anywhere during that 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom