Please Help Me Out

jordonwuff

Baseband Member
Alright.. I'm wanting to update my P.O.S. computer. I know it's a bad computer.. So don't rub it in too much. I want to start playing all the new high-end games and such (you know what I mean :) ) on atleast a medium graphics level. I'll try to give you all the specs I have found...

Processor: Intel (R) Celeron (R) 2.70GHz
Memory: 256 MB of RAM
Intel video card that came with it.. 64 MB..
Direct X Version: Direct X 9.0c (If it matters)

And I looked up my motherboard on this website.. So I'll give some specs of it and such:
MIS name: MS-6577 M-ATX Rev. 3.1 (Giovani), Rev. 4.0 (Giovani2)
Compaq name: Giovani-GL6, Giovani2-GL6
Multiplexed AGP interface (If it matters.. Don't know what any of this means)
Supports DDR 333/266/200 Memory
Maximum Memory that you can Upgrade To: 2GB

If you need any other information just tell me.. I know I'm going to update the MB of RAM to 1GB atleast. I have no clue what the video card is or what I can buy to upgrade it. Fill me in on all this please :) It'll be much appreciated. I'm looking for the best video card I can get for what I have right now, and a few websites with some cheap stuff that'll work good :) Please respond with as much information as you can.. Fill me in on the video card/RAM then tell me if anything else REALLY NEEDS to be updated. Like I said, newer/high-end games at a DECENT graphics and be able to play it pretty easilly. Thanks!!

--Jordon

thats not that bad. Could be way worse. Def get the gig but you have to figure out what vid card slot you have agp or pci-e. If its an old comp its agp. Then you go look at cards with that slot. I dont know your budget but the 6600gt by nvidia is a good starting point. Personly if i were you i would just upgrade the ram and vid card. Then again if its an agp slot i would upgrade the mobo and processor to get pci-e cause amd is at 64 bits and intel is not. Therefore when longhorn comes out u wont be runnin it well.

Alright, thanks. Will it be able to use that video card? It says it's multiplexed AGP interface.. So it's more than likely an AGP slot.. Will at 6600 GT by nvidia work on this computer? Will it run all the newer games decently? What type of memory should I buy and where do I get it from? Is there a certain type I have to get? Please show me some websites with info and everything you can tell me :) Thanks guys

--Jordon

A celeron will hold you way back on gaming performance. But the graphics card will help a lot. the 6600GT is an awesome card taht will play HL2 maxed out, if you run an athlon64 with it, don't know how it will do with a celeron.

Well that doesn't really answer my question man :( I need to know if that chip is capable on this. Can somebody please read over my specs and give me some info, websites with cheap stuff, and what's capable of running on my P.O.S.? Thanks :D

--Jordon

You will need more RAM too, if your motherboard supports dual channel get two sticks of 512 :)

Alright thanks for the info :) But will those videocards run on my setup or not? How can I find out?

o and get on everest and find out how many slots you have open for ram (probly 2) and what there max speed of ram your mobo will take is *everest rocks my socks* If you want to look around for ram yourself shop at newegg.com its got good prices and it ships fast as hell i got my last order in 3 days when it was really spusto take 5-6 days

*edit* check if you can get dual channel on everest to

Back
Top Bottom