PLease help me! Issues installing windows os.

variablast

Solid State Member
Ok so I'm trying to reistall windows vista on my computer after trying to upgrade to windows 7 but failing. I can sucessfully installed it but everytime I restart my machine it keeps telling my Bootmgr missing. I've reistalled it 3 times already and even formatted the hard drive c too and that message keeps coming up and I can't get windows to load up. The werid thing is when i have the insttall disc in the tray it boots up...pleeeas help. This is the reason why I am trying to reistall vista again after I first got this message sfter installing win7. what can i do? what is bootmgr?

Here is an idea, don't install Vista.

If you say you have an actual upgrade disk available, boot off the disk and do a clean install, then after the OS boots up and ask for the key, leave it blank.

When you have Windows booted up and fully loaded, start the upgrade disk again while windows is running, and do another clean install. This will treat the Upgrade disk as an actual upgrade, then after that you can enter your key and activate.

Please reply with any questions.

Or you can try repairing windows. Place your Vista install disc, and load it up. When it asks to install Windows, look lower and fine REPAIR. Click it, and choose your OS and then choose to repair BOOTUP. Should help with missing bootmgr problems.

Why did W7 fail on your PC? Doesn't it require less system hardware specs than Vsita?

Thanks for the replies. The problem was that I had to change the bootup drive in the bios. I just set the primary boot to the disc drive and that fixed it. =]

I still don't understand why I had to do that since I never messed with the bios when I had vista. Does anyone know why that happened? o.0

Back
Top Bottom