please help firefox crashed and missing bookmarks

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
I should have asked for help early because its been 2 weeks since the bookmarks have disappeared. I have most of the bookmarks that i bookmarked a month ago but not the most recently. I most recently bookmarks went missing when I didn't close firefox properly when i clicked the standby icon (i closed it after i clicked standby) I have tried all the methods stated in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks (more then 1 profile, backup bookmarks) but i still can't find the latest ones. I bookmarked tons of sites in one day and thats why i dont see them on the backup bookmarks files.
Also, when my firefox bookmarks went missing, it also did these things: everytime i close and restart firefox the customized toolbar setting always changes to default (i changed it to show text only but it changes back to show icons!), the google search engine disappeared, and typed website address are gone on the pull down address bar. So i dont know what is going on (Also run norton anti-virus and other spyware removal software like ad-aware, search & destroy, but no spyware was found) . Please help me at least get my booksmarks back (it took me a long time to gather them) and anything will help!

Back
Top Bottom