please help! dead keyboard and mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vectra

Beta member
my mouse icon froze on my pc no movement at all so i rebooted the pc hoping this would rectify the problem but when i did this the mouse icon was still stuck in the middle of the monitor and i could only get to the xp welcome screen. i rebooted the pc again using the pc on off switch and tried to get the pc into safe mode but then found out the keyboard wasn't working just like the mouse. i've tried the 2 components in different usb ports with the same result.which ever port on my pc i use the mouse is recieving power as the light glows underneath. the mouse and keybord work as i've tried them in another pc and there's no problems at all. is there any way i can get into my pc to check settings. or anything i can do.

Go into your bios and select USB support for the keyboard and mouse. Look around there should be a setting there.

The keyboard will work until the OS is loaded. It's a USB keyboard so the bios need to be enable for USB support.

got into bios del key (must have been hitting the wrong key) usb keyboard and legacy support states enabled, usb legacy mouse support was disabled i've now enabled it are these the correct parts of the bios i should change i can't find anything else to change. never been in the bios before what's a ps2 mouse/keyboard?

Yes those setting's are correct, Have you tryed anything else that is usb, like an mp3 player? some newer OEM computers don't have ps2 connectors (dell pos's) but if your's does use a ps2 mouse and keyboard or use the adaptors that came with your mouse and keyboard.

Once you have the mouse and keyboard working off the ps2 ports then uninstall all your usb devices/root controllers from device manager and get the newest chipset drivers from your motherboard/system OEM and try that. Then I would try a system restore and If that still doesn't work and you are for sure installing the proper chipset drivers then the usb controller is probably bad. Any warrenty on the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom