Please help: accessing Documents and Settings folder on another PC, access denied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi Everyone,

My friend's laptop recently started buggering up, it is 5 years old. I took the hard drive out and got an IDE to USB adapter, and with his new laptop I just wanted to access his files, documents: music etc, so they can get transferred onto his new computer.

Now how on earth do you get around the pesky 'access denied' popup when you try to access his documents folder? Can he not log in somehow? I tried to boot from the HDD as a last prayer, but obviously all the drivers are different etc, so that didn't work. Got to XP screen then BSOD'd.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Charlie -

Re: Please help: accessing Documents and Settings folder on another PC, access denied

*Note the XP link is also available in the Vista thread now as well. ;)

Re: Please help: accessing Documents and Settings folder on another PC, access denied

Thanks a lot for the links. Greatly appreciated, will give it ago when my friend returns from the pub :p ha ha

Thanks a lot for the links. Greatly appreciated, will give it ago when my friend returns from the pub :p ha ha
No problem, hopefully they help you out.

*Note the XP link is also available in the Vista thread now as well. ;)

Slacker :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom