Please get rid of personal gaurd 2009@!

skstylez

Beta member
I recently had some spyware issues and removed them. 2nd time ( i found out what site it was) it installed some program called Personal gaurd 2009 on my computer, a fake virus/infection scan that is lookin for people to register. The damn thing keeps popping up, and when i delete the folder (conveniently put in Program Files \ Personal gaurd 2009, it just comes back in 5 mins (thing pops up and starts a fake scan, i guess it reinstalls itself). It keeps doing that and i have done 2 STopzilla scans and a macafee scan now. I think Stopzilla detects it is MALwaregaurd 2009 or something, and there are multiple ones it finds (under Rogue), deletes them, but never seems to solve it. So am needing some help here, please :\

recognized as MalwareDefender 2009**

My advice would be to boot up in safe mode, download spybot search and destroy, and then run a full scan for that and tell it to fix any problems it finds. That said as always with tricky viruses on windows if it won't go away I'd personally simply reformat - that way I know it's gone for sure within half a day's work rather than spending weeks potentially getting nowhere, and I get a squeaky clean new windows install to boot.

Back
Top Bottom