Please Advice on new computer build parts

welchyboy1

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone I know there are lots of posts out there with this same type of topic I even read through the great new build guide but I want a new perspective on all the new stuff out there. I am a newegg person so I will buy from there. I am interested in a computer under $1000 which will include the monitor but we don't need to go into all of that. I want a computer that is a very good gaming machine but also can do a lot of business type work. This will be my personal business computer :)

I use photoshop cs3 a lot as well as Adobe flash cs3. I seldom use studio 11 but when I get a new PC that can handle and run more video editing I might use it more often. I would like to play many of the newer games so I am interested in a computer with decent enough power to play same great games.

I am not interested in opinions about which is better AMD or Intel or ATI and Nvidia we all know that will never end lol. But I am interested in quality parts that will work together and overall make an amazing computer.

I looked on newegg and started with the processor...Oh before I get into that I am not interested in overclocking. So I looked at some processors and some benchmarks online and found that these intel processors are very nice what are your opinions

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550 - Retail

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9650 - Retail

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail

I know all these are quad core and the only reason for that is because the benchmarks on the quad cores seem to do very well. Any thoughts on the quad cores? Any thoughts on these processors?

As far as the motherboard I didn't get very far because I wasn't sure which processor I was going with but I looked at motherboards which supported LGA 775 but just didn't know what to choose. I wanted one that supported DDR3 since that is the newest but it didn't seem like many people were rating those very well. I don't mind DDR2 as long as it supports the 1333mhz or whichever the newest DDR2 is. Just looking for something fast. I am interested in at least 2 gigs of RAM to start off with at least but depending on what the price looks like with everything combined.

The hard drive can wait I have an ok hard drive at the moment although it isn't even Sata yet but this I can choose on my own not too big of a deal there. However when it comes to graphics cards I am at a huge loss. I needs some thoughts on graphics cards. Like I said I would like one that can support many of the newer games as well as studio 11 and video editing but nothing too much more extravagant. I am interested in running the best and newest type which I guess would be the pci express which my motherboard will need to support.

I see this video card is rated very high on newegg and is fairly low priced for 512mb.

As well as

EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

I am just interested in playing a lot of the newer games and having it last for a couple years.

SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

As far as desktop memory any thoughts on some good brands. I always thought Kingston and Crucial were very good. Recently I had some issue with some crucial memory so just thought I would throw this out there.

I am just looking for some insight from anyone willing to give it to me. No need to troubleshoot a problem or make any of yall work too hard just interested in some great advice some fun chit chat about what is good hardware at the moment. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom