Playstation on computer

I know that there is a way to do this because I've seen it done. How do you use a Playstation 2 on a computer? I remember when I say one the PS2 disk tray was fitted into the bay like a normal CD-RW drive and when you put a PS2 disk in the tray that it would play that game. The controller wasn't a PS2 controller though, it was some computer I'm wondering if any of you guys would know how to do this or could help me accomplish this.

You could just use a emulator, but all the ones for PS2 suck. If you just want to play them on your monitor get a TV tuner that has RCA jacks.

Yeah, that's what i do, but i have to plug the audio jacks directly into speakers so sound doesn't go through the computer.

What you probably saw was just an emulator. I doubt a PS2 drive was fit into the computer. PS2 games use the DVD format, so if you have a DVD drive, you can just use that. As Dishdog said, most PS2 emulators are bad, but if that's your only option, you should be able to find something decent. Just do some searching. You should be able to use standard computer inputs like a keyboard or joystick to control the game as well. There are also adapters to convert actual PS2 controllers to USB or other PC-supported ports.

Back
Top Bottom