Playstation 1 to USB advice?

CFu

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am looking for a Playstation 1 (PSX) to USB adapter.
Which one should I get?

I have read from users (Amazon, other websites) that often these PSXtoUSB devices show some incompatibilities/flaws with the original controller functionality.
These can be:
- The PS2 controller detects how hard its buttons are being pressed. The PSXtoUSB device converts these sensitivity levels to binary 0 and 1 so it would work better for PC, but this defeats the purpose of PS2/gaming.
- Controllers start to show 0.x ms delay when there are multiple controllers connected to the same machine (power demand -> delay).

So all in all I am looking for a good quality PSXtoUSB adapter.

Thank you,

--
CFu

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

im not to sure, Have you checked the reviews on Amazon, I guess this would be a good place to start

thatguywhy, it is quite a popular adapter and started doing its entry during the early twenty first century. =)

There are many variations of these adapters, that is why I am asking.
Reason for all this is that I have two Playstation controllers - one original dualshock one and one third party one.
Playstation was pretty cool and still is! I hope you know there are emulators too. lol.
Another fun thing to do is to hook up ye olde Playstation's RCA (red white yellow) cable entries to a tv or get an RCA-to-VGA cable and play it on your (perhaps large) flatpanel monitor!
I like to see the colors on my 24" flatpanel. =)
I already have an xbox360 controller (which by the way, Microsoft designed drivers for - you plug it in your USB port and it installs the drivers automatically).
So instead of going out to buy another one to play with my friend on my laptop (my xbox360 bricked on me - I have to send it back to MS for fix now), I will benefit from the controllers I already have -
my two PSX ones. If I would go even more profitable, I would say - let's buy the wireless xbox360 controller-to-PC adapter! That's right! =D Haha I would have 4 controllers without wasting too much extra money.
Hm however, I have heard that controllers start to show a big of lag if you plug many of them in. I don't know how well a computer handles USB bandwidth but what the hey.
I could keep on talking about this all day but that's outside of the topic. lol. There are adapters for everything!

Ah, the world of emulation. So much to say. lol
Viva la Playstation!

Meanwhile, I will read some reviews on these neat little adapters.

## Edit: I went to two large multimedia chains and I was extremely disappointed with the staff's knowledge. Why are salesmen so retarded? Why are they there? Why are they there if my technical knowledge surpasses theirs by lightyears? I do not understand this. I think they are useless. I might aswell go online and order it that way.
I asked them for a "Playstation-to-USB adapter" and they asked "What the hell is that?" - whereas I answered: "You plug your Playstation controller into a hub and you plug the other end in into the USB port of your computer", whereas the salesman replied: "What?..". They must be retarded. Seriously. I am tired of their incompetence every time I go there.

So anyway, thatguywhy, this seems to be a very good (if not the best) PSX-to-USB adapter. Read the review:
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-P..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1307437274&sr=1-4

=)

Hello,

I am looking for a Playstation 1 (PSX) to USB adapter.
Which one should I get?

I have read from users (Amazon, other websites) that often these PSXtoUSB devices show some incompatibilities/flaws with the original controller functionality.
These can be:
- The PS2 controller detects how hard its buttons are being pressed. The PSXtoUSB device converts these sensitivity levels to binary 0 and 1 so it would work better for PC, but this defeats the purpose of PS2/gaming.
- Controllers start to show 0.x ms delay when there are multiple controllers connected to the same machine (power demand -> delay).

So all in all I am looking for a good quality PSXtoUSB adapter.

Thank you,

--
CFu

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

It should be noted that a 0.x ms delay is.... well, very very very VERY small. A GOOD latency for online gaming would be 30ms... so 0.x ms is not worth worrying about!

I am selling USB3.0 to SATA adapter, maybe there are a lot of Playstation 1 to USB adapter in Shenzhen.

Back
Top Bottom