Playing consoles on your computer...

Shantei

In Runtime
I find that when I use my Xbox, it takes ages to respond. I just assume this because it's taking longer to receive the commands because of the extra connections needed to connect the Xbox up.

Is there anyway to reduce this response time?

Will buying an Xbox controller to USB adapter do the trick? Also, will it work if I'm trying to play off my capture card and using WinTV2000 to play my console?

Thanks in advance.

Can't you get VGA boxes to allow the Xbox to run through your monitor?

playing via a capture card will always produce a slight lag. as kage pointed out a composite to VGA\DVI would be flawless

For one, it'd be a bit of a pain and two, they look extremely expensive .. also, I already have this capture card so there's no point in paying out more money.

Just use a TV, why do you want to use your monitor anyway...

The 720x480 resolution is going to look horrible on a computer monitor.

Well the idea of having the Xbox controller connected to the PC won't work, because how will it talk to the Xbox?...

I'm not sure how you could get rid of lag, though, to me, the lag shouldn't be THAT noticable unless your playing music rhythm games and the like.

Plus VGA boxes aren't that expensive, and it'd allow you to have the Xbox and PC connected to it at once, so that when you switch one off, you can have the other on, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom