Played on an XBox 360 today...

UK31337

Fully Optimized
Some of the high street stores in Edinburgh had them, I played it in about 4 different shops so I didn't look like an idiot standing there for ages.

Well, given the hype the thing's received, I don't know that I'm taken in.

I tried some demos and watched some videos. The graphics weren't really all that great, to be honest with you.

And Call of Duty 2, it was the same demo as on the PC, except the PC version had much better controls (the crosshair on the XBox version moved really slowly and it was really twitchy and inaccurate to get dead on) and a better framerate, the XBox given all the gadgetry it supposedly has doesn't really shine too much. The dodgy controls were the same problem on the original XBox, PS2 games always had easier controls IMHO (but to be fair, I've never had any consoles other than the N64 and the two Playstation generations). One shop was still running the old XBox, I thought the graphics on it were better than the new one, and the controller felt nicer too.

Also, the whole machine felt sluggish and unresponsive, especially on the menu system where you choose your game demo. Button presses went ignored unless they were dead-on accurate, the controller wasn't too comfortable and the buttons were poorly positioned.

I was thinking about a next-gen console, but I'm not making any decision now until the PS3 is publicly displayed. If it's the same revolution as the PS2 was, it'll be a blinder.

I thought the XBox 360 would be better than it was, I was a bit disappointed.

Anyone else tried it? If so, what did you think?

I got call of duty 2 today. Its crap on the PC so dont blaim the Xbox untill you have a go some other games

I always thought the xbox had smother controls. Mabye its just how my hands move. IDK if u were playin on an hd tv but u really have to have hd to make it worth it. The gamestop has a hd tv and i loved it. Im goin back to work just to get one. I love the xbox. If I didnt buy it now I would just get it when halo 3 comes out so why not now.

Eww...the kiosks that they have suck. Usually the controllers are all messed up after a short period and it's just not as great as having one in your home.

Don't worry, launch games aren't always as good. They'll get better as developers learn to fully utilize the 360's hardware.

I did as well! I played at BestBuy. The game I played was King Kong (I think thats the name) but all in all, it was all right. I would wait for the revolution to come out though. A Nintendo Geek, I am. :D

99nasha said:
I got call of duty 2 today. Its crap on the PC so dont blaim the Xbox untill you have a go some other games

Really I love it. i took the crosshair off to make it even better. The first campaign is just the movie "Enemy at the Gates" though,lol.

Back
Top Bottom