Plan to get Guitar.... Any Guitar players here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
I thinking to learn how to play Guitar. always wanted to do that (I can play Piano at the moment).

So.. I am thinking of getting one for my self.
Probably acoustic.
But..
Is guitar have 6 or 7 strings?

Because the one they sell in near by store......have 6 strings.
But I do remember some guitar that have 7 stirngs..

People that play Guitar here. What would you recommend?

I'm relatively new to playing guitars, about 2 years, on and off.

A 6 string guitar is the most common. If you're a beginner, I suggest you stay with the 6 string, until you get a little more experience, and then move up to 7 strings.

Getting an acoustic guitar, is a good way to go, when you're a beginner. Just to get your feet wet, and getting a feel of it, before you start hittin' them heavy riffs. If you want to go into the good stuff, there a lot of electric starter packs, that should be good enough to practice with. But then those guitars really start to lose their sound, once you get more experienced. So if you can, save up for a guitar in the $600-800 range, for a nice one, that should last you.

I bought an electric starter pack, when I first started, and now it's feels like plastic. So I'm saving for a $600-800 range guitar. The starter guitars, like I said before, are good for practicing, but they don't sound as good, playing more complicated songs. Well, it would also depend on the player too.

Did it took you long to get good feel of guitar? get used to it?

I think it took me 6 months, to get a good feel. And then a year, until I started noticing, that the starter guitar's sound wasn't up there.

But then again, all players are different, and go at a different speed.

Yeah just get a 6 string to start out. The seventh string will just get in your way when your first learning since most songs/books don't have stuff for a low B.

If I were you, I would avoid a starter pack all together and just save up a little more and get a halfway decent guitar. For a first guitar, I think 600-800 is a little much. I would say spend AT LEAST $300 on a guitar alone for your first guitar. If you get a starter pack, eventually you'll notice it sucks majorly like b1gapl said, and more than likely, you probably won't play as much, because starter guitars are hard to play (low quality) and they sound bad.

Since you seem to want an acoustic (good thing too, because they are harder to play then electric), you obviously won't need an amp, so you may be able to spend more money to get an even better guitar.

You should check out these forums: GuitarLodge.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Post there and ask what a good acoustic for a beginner is. They're all really knowledgeable.

Acoustic Nylon is better to start off with as they are cheaper. With any intrument, it best to start off with some thing cheap just to make sure that is what to do.

Acoustic Steel String Guitars sound better. However they can be a little hard on the fingers at first.

The other thing is to try some thing 2nd hand so that you are no outlaying a lot of money. With your first instrument, you really do not want to out lay too much money as it might not be your thing.

Since you seem to want an acoustic (good thing too, because they are harder to play then electric), you obviously won't need an amp, so you may be able to spend more money to get an even better guitar.
It also better for your neighbours as they do not have to put up with your really bad early learning noob guitar playing. (I wish I could say the same about drums)

Yeah just get a 6 string to start out. The seventh string will just get in your way when your first learning
Does it come with a G-String? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom