Place to put Subwoofer?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I got an Sony SRS D21. I know it's not that good, but compared to those cheap free speakers I get, this is the best I had. I was wondering whats the best place for me to put my subwoofer. Right now, its on the level on top of my monitor, and I know that's one place I shouldn't put it. Where do you guys suggest I should put it?
Here is a rough sketch of my workplace (not to scale).
computer.jpg

This is kind of why I want to get an cell phone with an decent camera, but that's a whole different story.

I can put it on the same level as my monitor, but should I put it on the left or right? same for ground.
Thanks.

Subwoofers belong on the ground. They will give you the best sound and feel if they are on the ground (on carpet). I'd say to the right but that's just because of my preference.

Placing the sub like that will send vibrations through the desk creating a muddy low end sound.

Also the low frequencies emitted from the sub are non-directional - unlike the mid & high frequencies.

So place the sub on the floor - out of the way - a meter or two away from your listening position.

See how you get on with that.

Take it next to the computer, on the right...or where the connections are located.

As the others have said, put the thing on the floor somewhere. It's exact location isn't important as bass frequencies are omnidirectional. It can be under your bed, behind a couch. . .

All right. I will place it on the ground, it would be about a foot away from my computer though.
If its on the right, it would be near the outlet and electrical things, if it were on the left, it would be between my 360, and the back (exhaust) of my computer. It would most likely on the left.
Thanks

Yeah, its best to place them about a metre away from where you'll be.

Mine is under my desk, and its right near me, and bass isn't that strong.
If I move over to the other side of my room though, its a lot louder.

Yeah, its best to place them about a metre away from where you'll be.

Mine is under my desk, and its right near me, and bass isn't that strong.
If I move over to the other side of my room though, its a lot louder.

Kage is right. I often can't tell how loud my bass is until I get up and move a meter or two away from my sub as I am seated next to it. The roommates get upset sometimes when I forget lol.

Back
Top Bottom