Piracy Worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
Piracy has increased much lately :
http://w3.bsa.org/hellas//upload/NewGreecePiracyTable%202007.pdf

However, I don't think it is such a prob as companies claim :

-The fact that we download e.x. pirated software does not mean that we'll use it.
- If we were unable to download pirated stuff it would not mean that we'd buy them. (In this case companies do not lose any money.)

I believe those two factors should be taken in consideration. Are the big companies pirating their own stuff in order to give fines and ask for enormous amount of money?:rolleyes: . We ain't gonna know this but I believe something like that happens. How from the first/ second day of the release of software you can find it cracked everywhere? Is it possible everything but everything to get pirated so easily? What do you think?

Your missing a point, those who pirated said software/music/TV/DVD than go onto buy it because they tried it out. This has certainly happened for me with music until they took my pig away. :(

Of course, if we stopped pirating, and we couldn't afford to buy the stuff...then that would cause a great need for more open source projects...which would eventually cause all the big names to go out of business.

They don't want to really stop piracy, they just want to get as much as they can from the law suites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom