Pioneer DVR 107D

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangboy

Beta member
It appears that my DVD writer will not read cd's or dvd's unless you click on the drive letter in my computer or explorer!...(i checked to make sure that autoplay was enabled)...when you insert a disc, nothing happens until you manually click on the drive letter of the burner...any ideas??

I not sure how that would bother you but any way .
Erm..................................If you have XP go on the autoplay and then tick on notify me when this file type detected or something along those lines.

stangboy said:
It appears that my DVD writer will not read cd's or dvd's unless you click on the drive letter in my computer or explorer!...(i checked to make sure that autoplay was enabled)...when you insert a disc, nothing happens until you manually click on the drive letter of the burner...any ideas??
Wake Up,Autoplay is only for installation disks,not data.and it must be set to it in sysdm/drives.
Use your mouse like everyone else does,this was just a joke wasn't it ?
:D :rolleyes:

I am having the same problem with my drive except it will not read either CD's or DVD's. I have success with it after restarting, but it fails to read again after a couple of hours of being inactive.

I tried the suggestion given by GeForceboy, but it didn't do any good. If it doesn't read anything that screen never comes up anyway.

I have uninstalled it, restarted to have the computer install the drivers. Didn't help, I have cleaned with a disk cleaner, dusted, everything I can think of but no luck.

It has been suggested that I restore my computer to it's orginal configuration, that seems a little drastic to me. I am going to just install a new drive and if it works great, if not, then I will do the restore.

Anyone have any other suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom