picking up others wireless connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
okay this is odd, not the fact that i can pick up wireless connections everywhere i go....but its weird because no matter where i go, i pick up this one wireless pc to pc connection...its EVERYWHERE and the signal is always perfect. its name is hpsetup. its not like a problem or anything, but i just think its weird that if i'm on my laptop as i'm leaving my house, hpsetup appears like the second i leave the driveway and the signal is almost perfect. there are some places where i can't pick it up, but almost everywhere in town, my laptoip picks up its signal really well...anyone know what this hpsetup network is?

actually i have no idea haha its built into my laptop....but why would the type and brand matter? i would think no matter what type and brand it is it would still pick up the same signals...

are you by any industrial buildings, or schools, or corp buildings? You're probably just picking up signal from a large wireless corporate network possibly.. have you tried to view the network?

crazyjoe16 said:
actually i have no idea haha its built into my laptop....but why would the type and brand matter? i would think no matter what type and brand it is it would still pick up the same signals...

Just wanted to make sure you weren't, by chance, picking up your own signal. I don't know how that'd work, but I've seen weirder things...

I believe it has something to do with a default naming for Hewlet Packard. " off the top of my head"

Try a google searcdh you'll probably find a lot on this.

well i know it obviously has something to do with a default hewlett packard name......my question is...why is it that almost no matter what time it is or where i'm at the signal strength for it is always perfect?

you should try to identify your internal link.....Start > Run> cmd> ipconfig/all....this will tell you the type of 'media' that you are using to connect to the net....if it is bugging you move your preferred network to the top of the list and it 'shouldn't' technically try to connect to it unless you are away from your home link

S_Doherty said:
you should try to identify your internal link.....Start > Run> cmd> ipconfig/all....this will tell you the type of 'media' that you are using to connect to the net....if it is bugging you move your preferred network to the top of the list and it 'shouldn't' technically try to connect to it unless you are away from your home link

no its not my preferred network, i'm just saying it appears on the network list almost anywhere i go and has like a perfect signal. its not like a problem...its just weird...its like its following me...everywhere i go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom