Phone unlocking

El Pollo Loco

Solid State Member
So I have a phone through Walmart family mobile and recently​ went to switch to straighttalk but when I go to get the unlock code from Walmart family mobile they tell me my phone can't be unlocked because I havent been with them for 12 months yet I've been with them for years. So I was wondering if anyone could give me some options on what to do.

Thanks in advance,
El Pollo

Last edited:
Are you on any contract with them for the phone? I know a lot of non-contract options if you finance a phone through them (pay monthly on the phone via your phone bill) they won't unlock the phone until it's paid off.

It is a ZTE zmax pro. The bill is paid up till the 21st of this month which is the normal billing cycle. Walmart family mobile said since they switch from T-Mobile being their main network carrier to Trac phone means I would have to hold the contract for another 12 months so that my phone will be eligible for an unlock. The big problem right now is that I have no mobile data all I can only do things over WiFi

Family Mobile = prepay. Most prepay carriers require a minimum length of service with the device before they will unlock it. Cricket requires six months, for example.

You can check online for possibilities. I know jwilliams talked about using an unlock code he purchased on eBay to unlock a ZTE Blade X Max recently.

It is a ZTE zmax pro. The bill is paid up till the 21st of this month which is the normal billing cycle. Walmart family mobile said since they switch from T-Mobile being their main network carrier to Trac phone means I would have to hold the contract for another 12 months so that my phone will be eligible for an unlock. The big problem right now is that I have no mobile data all I can only do things over WiFi

Family Mobile = prepay. Most prepay carriers require a minimum length of service with the device before they will unlock it. Cricket requires six months, for example.

You can check online for possibilities. I know jwilliams talked about using an unlock code he purchased on eBay to unlock a ZTE Blade X Max recently.

Exactly why I mentioned the contract for the phone itself. If you didn't pay full price for the device up front then they are tacking that onto your bill each month which means you have a contract tied to the phone that needs to be paid off before they will unlock it. If that's the case, then what Trotter says also applies.

https://unlock4less.com/

This is a good reputable site to get your phone unlocked however it's going to cost you
Depending on what phone, carrier it can get expensive.
You can check ebay as well
It's why I try buying phones unlocked so I don't have to deal with this.

Back
Top Bottom