Phishing scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
Dear eBay Community Member,

We are pleased to inform you about the reinstatement of your recently cancelled listing. We apologies for the cancellation of your eBay listing, it was an Error 907 developed from the eBay Data Base. With the help of The eBay Account Theft Team, we have been able to confirm that the buyer of your item Canny Faith is legitimate, truly the owner of the eBay account and the bidder of the item so we want you to disregard our previous email regarding the bid cancellation.

Unfortunately, we are unable to restore the bidding on our website presently but will be resolved as very soon as our security team are working seriously on this, so we want you to proceed into shipment of the item paid for so as to complete the transaction your buyer. As for your feedback postage, you will be able to view your transaction online and you will be able to leave and receive feedback rating on this particular item as soon as we have fully restored the buyer's account but we are monitoring the transaction through PayPal so you are 100% safe going through the transaction.

We have been notified by PayPal Authority that payment have been initiated for this transaction and the fund, which is not yet in your possession have been deducted from the Buyer's account and will be credited to your account as soon as shipment of the item has been confirmed by PayPal. You should now go ahead with the shipment of the item immediately so that we can verify the shipping informations as your funds can be remitted to your PayPal account as soon as possible.

Thank you for using eBay and we look forward to many more successful transactions!

Sincerely,

Scott Shipman
Counsel -- Global Privacy Practices
eBay & PayPal Inc

Thats the Alienware laptop. The winner wasn't Canny Faith which is why I am really thinking this is a phishing scam. I was just wondering what I should do with this?

I contacted ebay and just sent them this message. Anyway the internet isn't safe anymore which sux.

Dear eBay Community Member,

We are pleased to inform you about the reinstatement of your recently cancelled listing. We apologies for the cancellation of your eBay listing, it was an Error 907 developed from the eBay Data Base. With the help of The eBay Account Theft Team, we have been able to confirm that the buyer of your item Canny Faith is legitimate, truly the owner of the eBay account and the bidder of the item so we want you to disregard our previous email regarding the bid cancellation.

Unfortunately, we are unable to restore the bidding on our website presently but will be resolved as very soon as our security team are working seriously on this, so we want you to proceed into shipment of the item paid for so as to complete the transaction your buyer. As for your feedback postage, you will be able to view your transaction online and you will be able to leave and receive feedback rating on this particular item as soon as we have fully restored the buyer's account but we are monitoring the transaction through PayPal so you are 100% safe going through the transaction.

We have been notified by PayPal Authority that payment have been initiated for this transaction and the fund, which is not yet in your possession have been deducted from the Buyer's account and will be credited to your account as soon as shipment of the item has been confirmed by PayPal. You should now go ahead with the shipment of the item immediately so that we can verify the shipping informations as your funds can be remitted to your PayPal account as soon as possible.

Thank you for using eBay and we look forward to many more successful transactions!

Sincerely,

Scott Shipman
Counsel -- Global Privacy Practices
eBay & PayPal Inc

Thats the Alienware laptop. The winner wasn't Canny Faith which is why I am really thinking this is a phishing scam. I was just wondering what I should do with this?

I contacted ebay and just sent them this message. Anyway the internet isn't safe anymore which sux.

Did you copy and paste this into here? If so, I can say with 100% certainty it IS a scam. Note bold type above. That wouldn't be in any official letters from ebay. They not only have spellcheck, but they have professionals that write the letters and do not have typos and poor grammar.

Did you copy and paste this into here? If so, I can say with 100% certainty it IS a scam. Note bold type above. That wouldn't be in any official letters from ebay. They not only have spellcheck, but they have professionals that write the letters and do not have typos and poor grammar.

yes... this guy wants u to ship the item for free... definite scam...

yeah I copied and pasted but it wasn't bold. Yeah I thought I would see the payment in Paypal before I sent the laptop out.

he bolded it so you could see the mistakes....

and the internet isn't safe if you don't know what you're doing.

check this out!!!

Hello Seller,

I have made the payment and i have received the payment receipt from PayPal and your fund have been deducted from my paypal account,so kindly get the item shipped and send paypal the shipment details not me,so that they can verify your shipment immediately you do that.

Here is the shipping address

Faith Ibukun
37 Olawale Street,Imalefalafia
Ibadan
Oyo State
Nigeria
Tel:+2348062432616

I will like the item to be shipped via USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS MAIL (EMS)

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible about this.

Many Regards,

Canny Faith.

That is a message from Canny Faith who is in the message above. I know its a scam and all but still. I know that paypal would have that info about that person paying me which it doesn't so I won't send it. I am not that stupid.

I swear somebody should get the cops or something to that address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom