Phase2: Receiving, Building, & Overclocking New Gaming Rig

First, I don't think that getting "high", is an option while building a computer, or anything else for that matter.

As for the radiator fans, I have found that mounting them so that they are pulling in outside air, and blowing that cool air down through the radiator fins, is the most effective cooling. Generally 2c to 5c cooler than blowing the internal case's warmer air into the radiator and out the top of the case.

For push/pull cooling, just take a look at the photo I've attached of my own machine. It simply means sandwiching the radiator between the fans. In my case as you can see, the top two fans are pushing the air through the radiator, while the bottom two fans assist, by pulling..."push/pull".

Yes, the 4x120mm mounted on the side panel should be blowing air into the case, as shown in my photo below.

Is increasing the temps of the rest of my machine really worth that extra couple degrees lower on the CPU?

Is increasing the temps of the rest of my machine really worth that extra couple degrees lower on the CPU?

Trust me, I've run temperature tests, with the fans spinning in both input, and output directions, and the only difference I've found, is slightly lower CPU temps, and no change to GPU temps, because they are being adequately cooled by the wall of cool air being supplied by those four R4s on the side panel.

Check with Wiz, if you'd like. He ran the same tests as I did with his system, and had the same results, and he's using the stock 230mm side fan.

Trust me, I've run temperature tests, with the fans spinning in both input, and output directions, and the only difference I've found, is slightly lower CPU temps, and no change to GPU temps, because they are being adequately cooled by the wall of cool air being supplied by those four R4s on the side panel.

Check with Wiz, if you'd like. He ran the same tests as I did with his system, and had the same results, and he's using the stock 230mm side fan.

I think I'll leave it for now, and later if I order 2 more fans to set up a push/pull I'll invert it to intake. Will I have problems having 8 intake fans and only 1 exhaust fan though?

I think I'll leave it for now, and later if I order 2 more fans to set up a push/pull I'll invert it to intake. Will I have problems having 8 intake fans and only 1 exhaust fan though?

No, no problems, at all. You cannot build back pressure with the HAF 932 series cases, because they have so many openings all around the case that there is plenty of orifice area for the air to escape, no matter how many fans you use.

Getting 29-33C idle, 46-48C under full load on my CPU at stock settings. About to start my overclock.

Still updating stuff right now, lol. About to apply BiOS update and NOW finally starting overclocking.

Never update your BIOS, unless you are having a specific issue that you need to address, or the new BIOS has a feature you need.

So, here's my first overclock.. I think. Time to test stability.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom