Petrol RC hobbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
Thinking of getting into the RC cars as a hobbie but cant seem to find any sites/shops near to where i live to buy one

can any of you guys work your magic and help me find a shop or two that are legit and that arnt rip off sites for me to buy my first

nitro petrol rc car

Thinking of getting into the RC cars as a hobbie but cant seem to find any sites/shops near to where i live to buy one

can any of you guys work your magic and help me find a shop or two that are legit and that arnt rip off sites for me to buy my first

nitro petrol rc car

I reccomend trying RC Nitro helicopters. RC cars are easy to control and offer no challenge. RH Helicopters are hard, take skill, more scarey and much more fun when you get the hang of it :D

There is nothing quite like flying a helicopter upside down at 90mph just 12inches off the ground when it goes flying past.

This guy is one of the best in the world, his level of skill is unfathomable from my point of view. : YouTube - Alan Szabo "crack" stick movements The simplest moves are the hardest. Trust me flying backwards, in a circle, 2 feet off the ground right infront of you takes an extreme level of concentration and months and even years of hard practice.

Nitro Helicopters are great if you have DEEP pockets. You need to find an Approved Field to fly them. Also, you better have a cool dry place to store your NITRO!

i think ill just stick to cars for now

the one i just bought come to £240 + i got free fuel and batteries and a new shell there gonna paint and cut for me!

helis are to hard to fly :(

Nitro Helicopters are great if you have DEEP pockets. You need to find an Approved Field to fly them. Also, you better have a cool dry place to store your NITRO!

I don't :p

But my parents do.. kinda.. they earn a pretty good wage but inherit more money than they deserve :rolleyes: and spend it all on hobbies.

But yeh RH Helicopters are just stupidly hard to control, In one crash i totally ruined a £500 Trex 600 moded helicopter, there was only £60 worth of parts salvageable.

RC Cars and trucks arn't much cheeper, i've been looking at them since this thread started and it seems electric actually outperforms Nitro now. If you use LiPo's that is. But it's crazy expensive, a HPI Savage Flux costs £580, it needs two batteries which cost £110 each.

We just store 30percent nitro fuel in the garage, no problems. It's not much worse than petrol, put some petrol on the floor and nitro on the floor the only difference is Nitro makes a pop because it likes significantly faster, but it doesn't light noticeably easier, burns for a shorter time too. It's handy for cleaning out ants nests though.

And have huge amounts of patients.

Takes years.... or deep pockets.. To get good.

Holy ****

YouTube - RC Helicopter demo

Electric but WOW

Yeh, he doesn't touch Alan Szabo but he's still very good. Never underestimate electric :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom