Perhaps a mobo problem

ncsergio2187

Solid State Member
I have a computer that boots up but nothing shows up on the monitor. I've checked the power supply, video card, and hd. I cant check the ram, processor or mobo. I have reset the cmos and all that good stuff.

Mobo: XFX 680i LT
Processor: Pentium D 3.0 GHz
RAM: 4 gb corsair
GPU: Geforce 5200 (cant quite remember the exact one but its very close)
350W PSU
Had Vista

I cant think of anything else to do, so I need your suggestions.

yeah i've tried different monitors and cables. but would it act like its booting up if its a mobo problem? or would it have to be a video problem?

try reseating the graphi card, try checking for any loose cables, and , make sure the monitor is firmly inserted in the vga/DVI port.

try reseating the graphi card, try checking for any loose cables, and , make sure the monitor is firmly inserted in the vga/DVI port.

On the same line of thought, reseat RAM as well. Also try different combos of RAM indivdually and in combos. Test every stick and ever socket and see what happens.

Actually the RAM is a good idea, I forgot about that I have heard of there being many boot issues from that before too.

Alright will try this, if none of this works I'm throwing it off a bridge haha. But I've made sure everything is connected right so Its not any of the cables.

still nothing...i might just call xfx and see what they can do.

Back
Top Bottom