Pentium Dual Core Activity - Why?

Brian_Fenner

In Runtime
There have bee many discusisons regarding the dual core processors (pros & cons) and the comments seem to always say that specific software must be written to make use of the dual core technology..........
Well, if this is the case then how come both cores of my dual core pentium always have plenty of activity (see last entry in the below screen shot)?
No matter what applications I'm running both cores are working...........I know all my software is not state of the art.

BTW - I've never had a problem with processing speed issues...........lightening fast IMHO...........

4Everest_Pentium_D_Dual_Core_Processor.jpg

Yeah its lightening fast, becuase, its an Extreme Edition. And ive never personally used one. Although i can say, my p.4 3.0ghz, with HT is just like a fake dual core. I mean its got the physical, and logical processor. And there both always running. Becuase it splits the data in half, and uses each one to processes each half. At least that is my understanding.

Still have yet to see an answer to my question...........

Not slamming anyone.....
but it's funny how people on this forum rag on something like Dual Core and say it's worthless unless the software supports it..............then I show this isn't necessarily true (unless Everest is foolin' me) and I get no response.

BTW - If you think hyper threading is just like a "fake" Dual core then you don't understand what dual core and hyper threading really means.

Dunno...I guess it's because the latest and greatest are dual-cores. Heck, AMD's FX-60 is coming out in less than two weeks. Awesomeness...the Windsor core is so awesome. Oh and it's dual-core. :D

Back
Top Bottom