Pentium D!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said hyperthreading was better than dual cores. I basically said that for the price, you should probably get a hyperthreaded pentium and oc it rather than get a dual core pentium.(If i didn't say that then i'm saying it now) Thats only comparing intel with intel though.

u guyz are all frigen AMD fan boys it makes me SICK!!!! I bet 80% of u people who use AMD's have never used and intel!!! My 3.0GHZ P4 PWNS and there is no way the amds will ever be better at multitasking until they up there L2 Cache. I would definitly kill myself if i had a 64 bit chip on 32bit OS. The 64's are not smooth on the 32OS so if u dont have the 64bitOS ur screwde!!!So fanboys calm down INTEL ALL THE WAY SOO FAR

Btw, I hate to break this to you, but l2 cache does not affect performance on the 64 as greatly as it does on the intels. Check the sempron 3100+ overclocking on xbit.
Also, currently, intel's dual cores are 64 bit enabled i think.
Finally, your 2nd statement almost makes no sense. Most people have used intel processors. There everywhere. Even AMD freaks have used it probably, unless they used the k-5s instead of the pentiums heh.

woot6600GT,

There is a very powerful tool on the internet, it's called google.
You can use it by visiting www.google.com

This search engine is currently searching 8,058,044,651 web page.
If you need information about something, i suggest you try using it.
Most of us here at TF use it to get all of our information. It's great try it!

timmer said:
u guyz are all frigen AMD fan boys it makes me SICK!!!! I bet 80% of u people who use AMD's have never used and intel!!! My 3.0GHZ P4 PWNS and there is no way the amds will ever be better at multitasking until they up there L2 Cache. I would definitly kill myself if i had a 64 bit chip on 32bit OS. The 64's are not smooth on the 32OS so if u dont have the 64bitOS ur screwde!!!So fanboys calm down INTEL ALL THE WAY SOO FAR

First of all, we all have made the statement that Intels are better in hyperthreading.... you cannot KNOW that Dual cores will be the same untill more benches come out. The current benches out say they are, but we cant know for sure, we can only asume.

I bet 100% of you hasn't used an AMD. I've used Intel 486s through P4s, surely more then you have, and I know what they do. Don't give me problems man, I know whats going on.

Your 3.0 GHz is able to own only one AMD flagship processor flat out: the AMD 64 2800+. Thats ONE processor, which isn't even in the same price range.

L2 cache has nothing to do with multitasking. Its all in the hyperthreading. The fact that Pentiums have massive caches should tell you something wrong with the archetecture.

64 bit processors don't run 32 OSes well... theres no response I can offer but no. Just.... no.

You're the fanboy here my unworthy foe. You are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom