Pentium 1 overclocking

It overclocks just like any other processor. You just need good cooling and a motherboard that can handle it. However, most motherboards that handle those don't go above about 233MHz

Believe you can!! I used to have an overclocked 200MMX processor, but like he says they won't go over 233MHz... I mean you're talking about a 16.5% increase as it is, back in the day, that was massive! but yeah, the mobo's weren't up to anything more powerful. Have fun

Dell_ate_my_dog said:
a three letter word for you:

AMD

The Intel's still going strong after all that time, I wonder how many AMD's have survived that long, most will have burned up long ago.

I'm currently replacing alot of Amd's from the 1-2Ghz mark that have suddenly started to run 10-20 degrees hotter than they used to.

*stares at gibant* ayeeeee....... I ahve a 400MHZ, 700MHZ + 800MHZ amd chips still running nice and cool!

camers said:
*stares at gibant* ayeeeee....... I ahve a 400MHZ, 700MHZ + 800MHZ amd chips still running nice and cool!

Still newer than the 200Mhz MMX!

What are you trying to do Camers, get a 4Ghz machine by networking 10 of your "Classic" AMD machines. :D

Lol; I personally don't see the point of overclocking if you can get processors that do that speed anyway. There's a difference when you can't get processors at that speed; like if you have a top of the range Intel or AMD and you want to push it - makes sense. But Overclocking Processors already on their way to dying?

but what if your a teenager with no income and thats the only kit you can get your hands on!

Back
Top Bottom