Pentium 1 overclocking

Dude, ow. I got fed up of my 800MHZ and then got a paper round :p

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol; I personally don't see the point of overclocking if you can get processors that do that speed anyway. There's a difference when you can't get processors at that speed; like if you have a top of the range Intel or AMD and you want to push it - makes sense. But Overclocking Processors already on their way to dying?

It's a bit like medical treatment for the elderly eh! Lord Kalthorn. lol

E-mail Lord K for his guide to CPU Euthanasia.

Well this subject can go both way's ....oclock that puppy if you know what the hell your doing....

on the other hand, for those who have everything left alone, and are satisfied w/the way their comp. is setup,then there's nothing wrong w/that.

some people just don't want the hassle of doing something they know they might regret.....Lol

Solaris said:
but what if your a teenager with no income and thats the only kit you can get your hands on!
Then you work and get a better one :D What I did and are doing.

gibant said:
It's a bit like medical treatment for the elderly eh! Lord Kalthorn. lol

E-mail Lord K for his guide to CPU Euthanasia.[/url]
My theories on old people do go down that road too :D Not saying to kill the Processor, or the elderly person, just saying if they're not fast enough don't pump them up and make them live less in the long run, let nature take its course and find a better one to do the job :cool:

It's not a bad idea to overclock older machines. It's easy to do as the extra cooling usually means a new big heatsink/fan and that's about it. So you gain experience a very little expense.

As long as you dont expect miracles from the increase in speed, as they say "you cant pollish a turd"

I realise there maybe some colloquialism's there but i'm sure you can work it out.

Back
Top Bottom