PCI mounting flange height

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I'm at work and don't have access to a pci card. Can any one tell me how high the mounting flange is? In inches please.

I am going to say about 4.2 inches. Don't know for sure though.

Found another number that says 106.68mm ** Nevermind that is 4.2 inches.

This is the diagram I found, but Lowndsey could be right also.

PCI_5V_Card_Size.gif

Thanks guys but I think I didn't make my self clear enough. The metal bracket that holds the card to the back of the case. How tall is it?

The metal bracket on the card itself. The one end fits in a small slot. The other end is bent and has a screw hole. It also has the connectors for whatever mounted in it.
On a antec 1200 case the vent where the water hoses go through is 7 pci slots high. By figuring how tall a pci bracket is I can determine how tall the vent is.

Not sure how accurate the online rulers are but both my extra graphics card and wireless nic brackets are about 4 7/8" (4.875).

Like Lowndsey said, I have found a few sites say 4.72 was the size of what they sold.

Thanks any way but this is what I needed to know > http://www.keyelco.com/products/prod45.asp?SubCategoryID=26
Click on standard blanks then pci with tabs. The bracket is .750 inches tall with .100 added on the bottom to make it .850 total. I'd say 3/4 inches to be safe.

Ok so on the antec 1200 the vent in the back is roughly 5.25 inches tall and 2.25 wide. Roughly the side of a bay for optical drives.
I have got this killer idea for keeping graphics cards cold and not cost an arm and a leg to do it. I'll be working this idea out in my head and blogging it you know where.

Thanks for all your help.

Ahhhh...lol. Well I guess that would make sense given the 7 PCI slots high. I am an idiot and obviously was measuring the wrong way. My apologies, if it is any consolation I looked at that page like three times looking for the other dimension. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom