PCI Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

endemic

Solid State Member
Ok I have just realized that my computers card slot is PCI(not PCI Express), I mostly play Counter Strike and I am having alot fo trouble finding a PCI graphics card that can get me 100fps in cs most people say that there aren't any good PCI cards but I was thinking about getting this one BFG Tech GeForce FX5500 256MB 128-bit DDR if my parents don't allow me to buy a new computer.

Yeah I am pretty sure, the computer I have is a year 2001 HP Pavillion 752n but I lost the manuals so I went to a site that said it only has PCI slots and not AGP and when I opened it up I don't know what an AGP or PCI slot looks like.

endemic said:
Yeah I am pretty sure, the computer I have is a year 2001 HP Pavillion 752n but I lost the manuals so I went to a site that said it only has PCI slots and not AGP and when I opened it up I don't know what an AGP or PCI slot looks like.
PCI are white. AGP are brown.

ya my crappy pc from 2001 one has only pci...yet my video card is a his radeon 9250...yet its still running cs at a very bad rate.

there should be a row of white slots, those are the PCI. then above that, closer to the CPU, there should be an offset slot that is brown or white, but not in line with the others.

a picture of the inside of your computer would be very helpful ;)

-Phate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom