PCI firewire speed difference from MB firewire?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
anyone know if there will be any speed transfer difference using a PCI firewire port card vs. using a firewire port that is directly on the motherboard or on the front of a case connected to the motherboard? i use firewire to transfer video from a camcorder to the computer, and was wondering if it would be better to search for and buy a MB that has firewire on it already, or just reuse my current firewire port PCI card in the new build.

You probably wouldnt notice a difference at all, just the same as pluggin in a flash drive into the MB USB port and a PCI expansion card with extr USB ports there is no differrence :)

You probably wouldnt notice a difference at all, just the same as pluggin in a flash drive into the MB USB port and a PCI expansion card with extr USB ports there is no differrence :)

ok, thanks for the input. i was leaning towards the idea that it would be the same speed. now i can get the cheaper mb not having to worry about getting one with firewire cause i can just reuse my pci firewire card.

Back
Top Bottom