PCI Express???

PCI Express is a new type of slot interface (just recently came out) it is said to have twice the bandwidth of the latest AGP 8x slots.The motherboards that will support them will no doubt cost alot of dough.
I believe the first version PCI Express motherboard surfaced around April, with a following lineup of PCI Express Graphics cards from both ATI & NVIDIA, I'm not sure exactly when.

hope this helps....

It does, it is one of the first cards to support it, the magazines and internet have informed me that it might take a while before PCI Express captures popularity in the common PC world, but around next year almost all the PC companies will begin to support this new technology.

Read the article in Maximum PC...

Lord Kalthorn,
I couldn't agree more with you, I don't want to leave APG slots, Theres even something about the name that makes it sound faster.

But like I said, it WILL take a while before PCI Express really takes off...
So right now I'm not worried, I'll probably stick with AGP slots for a while.

thanks

thanks for telling me... I saw the new alienware ALX with pci express... so i guess you can get it if you buy one of there systems (pricey)

There probably will be - the makers and designers aren't just going to let their AGP be taken over from the thing that they set against destroying for Graphics Cards. AGP will come out on top I think.

Back
Top Bottom