PCI-E question

Here's a photo of the adapter working.

Seems to do just fine.

Now maybe next month I can get another of those Vizio displays and I'll be all set. Of course my phone camera makes it look messed up.

11.jpg

Although I still use Windows 7... yup.
Screenshot-Display.jpg

The lightning thing is pure coincidence dude. If lightning hits your house or close by it can do anything. I have a battery backup on my server rack and enterprise level power conditioner. It could take out the battery pack, save the conditioner, and still take the HDD, monitor, CPU, networking, whatever in my NAS. Or..it could take out nothing at all except blow up a light socket. A transformer could blow down the street from you and provide similar circumstances. No reason to live in fear there over something you can't control. Just use an ethernet cable lol.

Not saying buy the 1650 now, no graphics card is worth it's price right now due to the shortage, scalping, mining, whatever. Get one later when this shit storm calms down with GPUs.

Don't know what mounting that is. I bet you could just get a 40mm Noctua fan and just glue it on and it'd be fine. Low TDP chips don't need that much cooling, especially if it's fine now with ambient.

The mounting plate was from the stock heatsink and mounted to the side with screws.

I had to bend the sides of the plate slightly so that it is a friction fit on the taller heatsink.

Back when I looked at fans the one I chose had the most airflow.

However I should be looking at static pressure though.

I'm still thinking about the 60mm to 40mm adapter though.

I'd have to figure a way to support it as friction fit would no longer work.

Back
Top Bottom