PCI-E question

Not sure.

I did the auto config Fortnite has for the graphics.

I can set it to show the FPS.

Will check that when I get home today.

I know I'm sacrificing some video quality though, but it seems good enough to me.

However it was good enough to where my second match ended with me making one kill and placing second.

At first I didn't like that my controller is not working properly at all, so I played with the keyboard and mouse.

I now get it why some gamers prefer a keyboard and mouse.

I think the 24" display has a better picture than my 32"HDTV does which I bought almost 8 years ago. However the 32" is good enough for me.

Now because the video card has three outputs can I use all three or am I limited to just two outputs.

Cool that means I need to get an LCD monitor then. I dont have any at the moment.

Actually at wal mart last night I saw lcd monitors for about as much or more than the 24" HDTV I got and they were typical monitor screen sizes.

For the third monitor I dont care if its high end or not as it will be just for a display.

I still have a 19" Sony from my XP computer which I got around 2005-2006 that works perfectly but its on the other identical PC.

Agreed about no monitors from Wal-Mart.

That's one reason I bought a HDTV there. It's a Vizio. That and I'm somewhat on a limited budget.

Now for the third monitor I may try to find an older LCD given it won't be used for anything such as gaming or streaming and would be just a display for a chat or something, but if I put it where I want I'll have to move the thing I hang my headset on.

The motherboard has a connector that is two USB ports with one that went for the built in WI-FI which I removed and used a USB WI-FI which got me a faster connection.

I have two USB ports from an older defunct computer. I'm thinking about wiring those in to the connector so I have two more ports. All I would need to do is find a place to mount the bracket the ports are on.

However I do have a PCI-E X1 slot and I could add a PCI-E USB 3.0 card However with the USB devices I have I don't know that I would see enough of a difference to worry about USB 3.0.

Now are there any PCI-E X1 cards that offer storage and if so would it make the computer faster due to the storage being faster than a SATA SSD?

I do know on my XP computer I had a PCI SATA card and the computer booted from it. So I'm thinking a PCI-E storage card would also be bootable.

If so I suppose I could use something like Mini Tool partition wizard to clone the drive to the storage and the SSD would then be for storage only.

Now my next question is this.

This photo shows the 40MM CPU fan. Is there any room for a 60MM to 40MM fan adapter so that I can use a 60MM fan to either force more air through the heatsink or the same amount of air quieter?

I did find this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2836381538...K9kGb_oyKOhxFqJ6ORyYzFejcbk7Ql-hoCNzgQAvD_BwE

Now at some point I am going to clean up the wiring. Will most likely open the power supply and remove from the board all wiring to whatever plugs I am not using

Attachments

• 1 photo.jpg
    1 photo.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Don't buy monitors from walmart... Do you guys have Staples in the US?
Walmart sells the same monitors you'd find on Amazon and Newegg, albeit less variety. I'd say, don't ever go to Staples. Ever. Or Office Depot/Max.
Now are there any PCI-E X1 cards that offer storage and if so would it make the computer faster due to the storage being faster than a SATA SSD?
PCI-E 2.0 lanes are 500MB of bandwidth, so no it wouldn't be faster. It would only be faster if you were using a 4x NVMe SSD (which wouldn't boot on your board anyway).
This photo shows the 40MM CPU fan. Is there any room for a 60MM to 40MM fan adapter so that I can use a 60MM fan to either force more air through the heatsink or the same amount of air quieter?
For one of my older setups I 3D printed 120mm to 140mm fan adapters. It doesn't force more air, it only creates more static pressure by design and can make more noise.

So is the increased static pressure a good thing as in does it provide more cooling?

It is my understanding that some electronics are made a little cheaper for Wal-Mart and have a slightly different model number.

So would the USB be best to add the two ports or just go with the PCI-E USB 3.0 card?

Walmart sells the same monitors you'd find on Amazon and Newegg, albeit less variety. I'd say, don't ever go to Staples. Ever. Or Office Depot/Max.

PCI-E 2.0 lanes are 500MB of bandwidth, so no it wouldn't be faster. It would only be faster if you were using a 4x NVMe SSD (which wouldn't boot on your board anyway).

For one of my older setups I 3D printed 120mm to 140mm fan adapters. It doesn't force more air, it only creates more static pressure by design and can make more noise.
I got a 32" acer 1440p monitor from staples for 250-300 bucks

Very nice.

I did add the 5" fan to the rear so that it would keep air moving as without it the warm air was sort of not going anywhere and somewhat was being picked back up by the CPU fan.

Attachments

• 20210402_172241.jpg
    20210402_172241.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom