PCI-E question

I bought my Motherboard 4 years or so ago off ebay. Cost was $25.00. it was a brand new board but was a open box. I had the ram i needed and pretty much everything else i needed. I did get a RX 570 for video card. I have a round 100 bucks for this build. and for the most part does what i need When i did get the video card i bought a new power supply o handle the load. My CPU is a quad core 3ghz and that would be small by most standards but is pretty much like a Ryzen 3 first gen. Only much cheaper. I will get slammed for this but when on SSI you do what you can do.

Hmmmmmm what I wonder is this.

Could I leave the back of the computer open and fabricate a bracket to hold a video and the audio card in place so they plug in directly to the motherboard using the existing extension cables that came with the motherboard?

Perhaps I could get a piece of metal as wide as the computer and maybe 10" deep to mount the main computer to for stability so that it doesn't tilt over forward then I could also mount a new power supply to that to help weigh it down in the back.

Here's the PCI-E cable I have

1 cable.jpg

Now here's the idea I had.

20201005_144811.jpg

My plan is to get two metal pieces and put on each end to support the rear cover given it is hinged. The metal will run from the end of the rear panel to the front of the case.

Then I may add a pair of 1" feet to the front so the screen is tilted back properly.

If i do that it looks like I can cut the case to where the cards can fit directly in the slots. Perhaps I could even get a USB 3 card.

The right side could be used to hold the new power supply.

I would then not need the case fan and can either use it in the new supply (if it uses a 120mm fan) or I can connect one of the other fans to the fan connector where the case fan was.

Do my eyes decive me or is that a Ampex back in behind the case? Can't tell if its a 8 inch or 10 inch model
Now here's the idea I had.

View attachment 13547

My plan is to get two metal pieces and put on each end to support the rear cover given it is hinged. The metal will run from the end of the rear panel to the front of the case.

Then I may add a pair of 1" feet to the front so the screen is tilted back properly.

If i do that it looks like I can cut the case to where the cards can fit directly in the slots. Perhaps I could even get a USB 3 card.

The right side could be used to hold the new power supply.

I would then not need the case fan and can either use it in the new supply (if it uses a 120mm fan) or I can connect one of the other fans to the fan connector where the case fan was.

If you mean the reel to reel to the rear left of the case that is an AKAI GX-255. The thing directly behind the case is an FM tuner.

Man, I wouldn't know where my old 45's and 78's are anymore! I think i may know where my old 8tracks are no more Cassettes, have a bunch of cd's but i wish i had those old 78's

Back
Top Bottom