PCI-E question

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I have a question about the small PCI-E socket on motherboards.

I have a small form factor desktop from 2010 running Windows 10 X64 with a NEXCOM Embedded Computing EBC 550 motherboard.

Because I have a pro audio sound card inside the computer (had to modify the back panel some to make it fit) in a PCI slot with a small extension cable I have no room at all for a video card.

Is there a small PCI-E extension cable of maybe 3-6 feet I can connect to the internal connector and run a video card externally or is it possible the motherboard will fit in a regular computer case and I figure a way to attach the built in display to it so that I can just plug the cards in?

That would also allow me to run a power supply that is greater than 300 watts.

Here's a motherboard picture.

20200919_115243.jpg

Last edited:
I may try it tonight.

That would be nice.

No clue how I would mount the built in display though.

I could then use pretty much any pci-e graphics card given I'd be using a standard computer power supply.

Suppose I could mount it on the side of the case and just cut a hole for the cable.

Now if it fits ill see if I have another case for the other identical computer.

Will also need to figure out the DVD drive mounting unless I buy a standard SATA DVD drive that fits in a 5 1/4" bay.

The power plugs to the motherboard look standard.

At least it has the standard big connector and smaller four pin one. ATX and AUX power.

Oh ok.

I did see where there are 24 pin to 10 pin adapters, but I would need to find what pins are what on the motherboard and see if they match up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom