PCI-E question

ikonix360

In Runtime
Now I'm having issues with OBS and my capture card and webcam where sometimes black and/or green lines display, but often a restart of the PC fixes it.

Figure its the built in graphics card causing issues with OBS.

So I may get a better graphics card for the main PC and move the card currently in the main PC to the other PC. That means I'll no longer have the built in display of the PC, but that's ok.

I suspect then OBS will work much better.

At that time I'll get another 24" TV as the display.

Eventually I'll get a second one.

Far as mounting the TVs go I may try to find a mount that lets me position the TV where I want. If I find one I may get four so I can mount the existing two 24" TVs.

MemRefreshABC

Baseband Member
Now I'm having issues with OBS and my capture card and webcam where sometimes black and/or green lines display, but often a restart of the PC fixes it.

Figure its the built in graphics card causing issues with OBS.

So I may get a better graphics card for the main PC and move the card currently in the main PC to the other PC. That means I'll no longer have the built in display of the PC, but that's ok.

I suspect then OBS will work much better.

At that time I'll get another 24" TV as the display.

Eventually I'll get a second one.

Far as mounting the TVs go I may try to find a mount that lets me position the TV where I want. If I find one I may get four so I can mount the existing two 24" TVs.
The black/green lines are probably the result of an issue with the display or video adapter or ribbon cable.

Before Please make sure the cables are connected properly and check for driver updates. If you already updated the driver you can always roll back the driver and see if that resolves your issue. If not than it could be that your using an old video driver that may no longer work properly.

If the above doesn't work you may need to upgrade your video or display adapter and replace with a new one. It's probably a good idea to upgrade both since your working on an older system.

Last edited:

ikonix360

In Runtime
The black/green lines are probably the result of an issue with the display or video adapter or ribbon cable.

Before Please make sure the cables are connected properly and check for driver updates. If you already updated the driver you can always roll back the driver and see if that resolves your issue. If not than it could be that your using an old video driver that may no longer work properly.

If the above doesn't work you may need to upgrade your video or display adapter and replace with a new one. It's probably a good idea to upgrade both since your working on an older system.
Its only OBS that has those lines. Noth displays are fine otherwise.

I'm almost certain it's the built in video not being powerful enough to do OBS.

However I can open the camera app and the video capture and web cam display perfectly fine.

MemRefreshABC

Baseband Member
Hi ikonix360, What video adapter do you currently use? Maybe you can check the voltage to ensure your receiving enough power from the video adapter. If the video adapter shows not enough power than I would go ahead and replace it with a new one that is compatible with your system.

Last edited:

ikonix360

In Runtime
I ordered a heatsink and the same processor for the streaming PC as what the main PC has in it.

The processor should be here today.

Will install it late tonight.

Maybe that will fix my OBS issues.

On the main PC I do have a little extra money at the moment so I may think about liquid cooling the processor.

All I'd need is the water block a single fan 120mm radiator, a pump and the necessary hose adapters as I have hose coolant and a single 120mm fan already.

The fan I used does work ok, but if I can get things a little cooler I'd be even happier.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I'm using a 240mm AiO (all in one) to cool mine and it does a killer job. It may save you some dough going that route.

Top Bottom