PCI-E question

Now I'm having issues with OBS and my capture card and webcam where sometimes black and/or green lines display, but often a restart of the PC fixes it.

Figure its the built in graphics card causing issues with OBS.

So I may get a better graphics card for the main PC and move the card currently in the main PC to the other PC. That means I'll no longer have the built in display of the PC, but that's ok.

I suspect then OBS will work much better.

At that time I'll get another 24" TV as the display.

Eventually I'll get a second one.

Far as mounting the TVs go I may try to find a mount that lets me position the TV where I want. If I find one I may get four so I can mount the existing two 24" TVs.

Now I'm having issues with OBS and my capture card and webcam where sometimes black and/or green lines display, but often a restart of the PC fixes it.

Figure its the built in graphics card causing issues with OBS.

So I may get a better graphics card for the main PC and move the card currently in the main PC to the other PC. That means I'll no longer have the built in display of the PC, but that's ok.

I suspect then OBS will work much better.

At that time I'll get another 24" TV as the display.

Eventually I'll get a second one.

Far as mounting the TVs go I may try to find a mount that lets me position the TV where I want. If I find one I may get four so I can mount the existing two 24" TVs.
The black/green lines are probably the result of an issue with the display or video adapter or ribbon cable.

Before Please make sure the cables are connected properly and check for driver updates. If you already updated the driver you can always roll back the driver and see if that resolves your issue. If not than it could be that your using an old video driver that may no longer work properly.

If the above doesn't work you may need to upgrade your video or display adapter and replace with a new one. It's probably a good idea to upgrade both since your working on an older system.

Last edited:
The black/green lines are probably the result of an issue with the display or video adapter or ribbon cable.

Before Please make sure the cables are connected properly and check for driver updates. If you already updated the driver you can always roll back the driver and see if that resolves your issue. If not than it could be that your using an old video driver that may no longer work properly.

If the above doesn't work you may need to upgrade your video or display adapter and replace with a new one. It's probably a good idea to upgrade both since your working on an older system.
Its only OBS that has those lines. Noth displays are fine otherwise.

I'm almost certain it's the built in video not being powerful enough to do OBS.

However I can open the camera app and the video capture and web cam display perfectly fine.

Hi ikonix360, What video adapter do you currently use? Maybe you can check the voltage to ensure your receiving enough power from the video adapter. If the video adapter shows not enough power than I would go ahead and replace it with a new one that is compatible with your system.

Last edited:
I ordered a heatsink and the same processor for the streaming PC as what the main PC has in it.

The processor should be here today.

Will install it late tonight.

Maybe that will fix my OBS issues.

On the main PC I do have a little extra money at the moment so I may think about liquid cooling the processor.

All I'd need is the water block a single fan 120mm radiator, a pump and the necessary hose adapters as I have hose coolant and a single 120mm fan already.

The fan I used does work ok, but if I can get things a little cooler I'd be even happier.

I'm using a 240mm AiO (all in one) to cool mine and it does a killer job. It may save you some dough going that route.

An update.

My Xbox360 has been sitting idle for quite some time so I decided to take it down and put the PC where the Xbox360 was to free up some space.

11.jpg

Here's the 500 watt Antek power supply. The power supply was used with an XP system I built in about 2005 and all I needed to do was replace the electrolytic capacitors in it .

What I've always liked about that supply is it does not produce any RFI whatsoever that I can detect.

22.jpg

Now the star of the show.

33.jpg

I'm waiting on the water block and tubing to arrive in the mail.

For now I have the pump connected to the radiator and running with coolant as while I replaced the power wires to the pump I found evidence of a leak where the screws holding the pump and added metal plate on the bottom (used as a heatsink) to the reservoir were just long enough and one screw post had about less than a 1/4" piece broken off such that the screw didn't actually do much.

I found some longer screws and used some washers to take up the extra length over what was needed.

I'll leave it running until the parts come in. If no leaks then I'm good.

The display and controller board was from a specifically made Koolance Xbox360 cooling system which used two 3" fans. I eventually upgraded to the 5" fans and radiator along with the pump shown. I had four fans on the radiator originally which worked well to keep the 360 cool. For now I will use two with the PC. The 5" fan blowing on the RAM and used to move the heat from the CPU heatsink away from the RAM will be on the radiator when the parts come in.

The water block mounting ears may be too large so I'm gonna use the back plate that came with the better CPU heatsink as a guide to know what I need to trim off the water block mounting ears.

I'll use the CPU heatsink screws to secure the water block.

For now I will try the two 90degree swivel hose fittings on the water block to see if the tubing will fit that way. If not I'll have to order some straight fittings.

What's nice is with the shelf I had put up for my 360 to sit on I didn't need to elevate the radiator any as the shelf is a wire shelf.

What I might do when the other parts come in is clean the radiator versus just using air to blow the dust out like I usually do unless using air is the best way.

I also had started a topic about a video card upgrade as I need something better than what I have provided a better card gets me higher FPS and lower CPU usage for gaming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom