PCI-E question

I borrowed the 19" Sony VGA monitor from the other identical PC and it works as a third monitor, however I don't want to use it on this one.

Would a Visio like I got for the other display work on the VGA output with a VGA to HDMI converter? I'd be running a resolution of 1366 X 768 as that's the Visio's native resolution.

Now I can stream to Twitch just fine, but streaming to youtube has issues with streaming.

I figure it's the fact that I'm using a USB 2 WI-FI adapter which could be limiting things.

I may go with this first to see if it fixes the issue. It would give me 7 more USB ports anyways even if it doesn't fix the streaming issue.

I should be able to fit it between the audio and video cards.

https://www.amazon.com/Tiergrade-Su...d=1617581451&sprefix=pci-e+USB,aps,221&sr=8-3

I'd then use this USB 3 Wi-Fi adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-usb-...=1&keywords=usb+3+wi-fi&qid=1617581156&sr=8-3

Sure I could use an ethernet cable, but that's gonna be at least 50' of cable I'd need to run from inside where the modem is to my 12' X 12' building where the computer is.

I hadn't thought about a PCI-E adapter.

Power line over ethernet may not work as the building's breaker box is fed from the breaker box in my dad's shop which is on a separate meter than the house.

Power line over ethernet may not work as the building's breaker box is fed from the breaker box in my dad's shop which is on a separate meter than the house.
Yup.... a power line would never work in that case. I've never seen anybody happy with those usb wi-fi adapters. Rosewill does make a cheaper pcie wi-fi adapter with an extended antenna.

The USB Wi-Fi adapter worked fine for me until I decided to stream on Youtube.

In the house the other identical computer uses a USB to ethernet adapter as the ethernet ports on that PC were damaged.

Yea that's your issue, game streaming is hardware intensive and relies on perfect stream output settings to get something that isn't garbage output to the service you're dealing with. Youtube requires a bit more grunt than Twitch does.

I do capture the screen the game is being played on.

Would it be any better to use a USB capture card?

Or would the second identical computer with a PCI-E video capture card work better for the streaming provided it also captures the audio?

I was using Voicemeeter Banana to send the audio to my headset, but I didn't think I was getting surround sound audio at least it didn't look like I was judging by the level meters in Voicemeeter. So I disabled that and sent the headphones as default audio device.

However I don't know if Fortnite uses surround sound audio.

But I can use Voicemeeter to send audio over the HDMI which would work for the other PC for streaming.

Now if Fortnite doesn't use surround sound audio or Voicemeeter is actually passing surround sound audio to the headphones then I'm good to do it that way.

Back
Top Bottom