PCI-E question

Jmcinvale

Baseband Member
I have a question about the small PCI-E socket on motherboards.

I have a small form factor desktop from 2010 running Windows 10 X64 with a NEXCOM Embedded Computing EBC 550 motherboard.

Because I have a pro audio sound card inside the computer (had to modify the back panel some to make it fit) in a PCI slot with a small extension cable I have no room at all for a video card.

Is there a small PCI-E extension cable of maybe 3-6 feet I can connect to the internal connector and run a video card externally or is it possible the motherboard will fit in a regular computer case and I figure a way to attach the built in display to it so that I can just plug the cards in?

That would also allow me to run a power supply that is greater than 300 watts.

Here's a motherboard picture.

20200919_115243.jpg

Last edited:

Jmcinvale

Baseband Member
I may try it tonight.

That would be nice.

No clue how I would mount the built in display though.

I could then use pretty much any pci-e graphics card given I'd be using a standard computer power supply.

Suppose I could mount it on the side of the case and just cut a hole for the cable.

Now if it fits ill see if I have another case for the other identical computer.

Will also need to figure out the DVD drive mounting unless I buy a standard SATA DVD drive that fits in a 5 1/4" bay.

Jmcinvale

Baseband Member
The power plugs to the motherboard look standard.

At least it has the standard big connector and smaller four pin one. ATX and AUX power.

Jmcinvale

Baseband Member
Oh ok.

I did see where there are 24 pin to 10 pin adapters, but I would need to find what pins are what on the motherboard and see if they match up.

Last edited: