Pci-e 2.0

Just be careful. I recently got an 8800GT (Inno3D), pci-e 2.0 and it doesn't work with my Gigabyte motherboard - incompatibility issues. Whether it's to do with the pci-e 2.0 / 1.0 differences or what I'm not sure.

-Rhys

I don't do much gaming to need that extra bandwidth PCI-E2.0 offers.

A normal x16 8800 is way way WAY more than enough for my needs. But I'm getting it anyway, cause the thought of it makes me mess myself. lol jk

1.) dont spread things that arent true
2.) read posts before yours so you dont sound so stupid
Thanks for your advice. I was simply putting my experience with pci 2.0 cards on a pci-e 1.0 mobo into the pool for him to consider. Surely being careful is never a bad thing?

saying it doesnt, and saying it didnt work for me are 2 completely different things dude, it worked for another guy on this forum, and maybe it was just a bad card\mobo

I recently got an 8800GT (Inno3D), pci-e 2.0 and it doesn't work with my Gigabyte motherboard - incompatibility issues. Whether it's to do with the pci-e 2.0 / 1.0 differences or what I'm not sure.
Where here do I say "It doesn't work"? I said it didn't work with MY gigabyte motherboard - which leans further to the "didn't work for me" side. I was just putting out my experience.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom