PCI card

02transam

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and the world of graphics cards. I have a two year old computer that only has a pci spot for the graphics card. Right now i have an xtasy 128mb graphics card and playing Counterstrike:Soursce just stinks. I don't have the money right now to buy a new computer and would like for you guys to give me some good graphic card options.

My computer is a HP
768MB ram
60GB HD w/ WD 120GB HD
2.0 P4

Are you sure you don't have an AGP slot in there? In my opinion, an AGP capable video card is better than a video card running in PCI. It provides higher bandwidth, more data transfer per clock and in turn, result in smoother graphics.

Oh never mind. Your motherboard ONLY has a PCI slots. It is preferably to play that game with DirectX 9 capability to get better results which means you'll probably end up upgrading your video card to something like:

CHAINTECH Geforce FX5200 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145087

It's a great performer for non-AGP systems. I like Chaintech video cards as I use to own several of them.

if you take a look on e-bay you will get a half decent graphics card for the price you can afford without going to the extreme.and prsonaly i like the radeon ATI graphics cards but everyone has there own opinion on these things. if your a hard gamer you may want to save up and get something pricey.

as you typed that message i was just outbid on a radeon 9600 128mb graphics card lol.
a reasonable card to me would be the radeon 9200 128mb or the radeon 9250 128mb you can get these on e-bay for about £20 ish brand new around £30. if this is to much take a look at the radeon 9200 64mb these will be cheaper you can see how it works now lower mb cheaper the price.
GFORCE ARE DECENT CARDS TO just goto this link
http://computers.listings.ebay.co.uk/Graphics-Video-TV-Cards_PCI-Graphics-Video-Cards_W0QQfromZR4QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ96875QQsocmdZListingItemList
hope this helps if you want im sure you can get one for about a £5

I have a 128mb FX5200, it runs HL2 ok, and call of duty maxed out. But I think it would run much better if i had a better mobo and processor. I am running a 2.8Ghz celeron.

I have the ATI Xtasy 9200 SE 128 MB PCI and I feel that the jump to the 256 MB 9250 just wouldn't be worth it. Is my assumption correct, or should I get the 9250?

oh i had terrible experience with an older computer
had to buy a pci videocard, it will never messure up to the equvilant AGP card because pci just isnt desined to support a graphics card compared to the slot thats called Advance graphics port....(AGP)

Back
Top Bottom