PCI Card Help

ddurs

Beta member
Hello. I installed a video card that after a couple of years has now fried my PCI Express slot. Rather than buying a new card and motherboard, is it possible to find a pci card that will work with games such as Bioshock 2 and FarCry 2? Do I have any other options aside from replacing the motherboard and a videocard? I removed the card and am now running my HP (vista) with the original built in video, but it wont play games at all. Thanks!!

now fried my PCI Express slot.
Does it mean your PCI Express slot is not working? You should find out what are recommended hardware requirements for those games. Did you have any AGP slots on your motherboard? If yes beware the Newer Nvidia series stopped the AGP interface the 7 series.Tthe GeForce 7900GS AGP is the fastest AGP card NVIDIA. My PC servis is recommending for resource-consuming games rather hardware for high requirement. It is up to you whether is enough for you to buy the mentioned graphic card (which would be sufficient according specifications with recommended requirements in case Far Cry 2 game) or a new motherboard with a new PCI Express Graphic card.

Back
Top Bottom