PCEI or AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the long run, PCIE will be more 'future proof' but the chences are, by the time they fade AGP out, it will be long before time to upgrade. If I was going to get a new PC now, I would get PCIE. But there isn't a advantage over speed gained from the ectra bandwidth.

definitly pcie its more than 2x faster than 8x agp hence 16x i dont think they have got it too the max yet but they will and it will be fast!!! dont get me wrong pcie is already faster than agp so definitly no question about it 16x PCIE

timmer said:
definitly pcie its more than 2x faster than 8x agp hence 16x i dont think they have got it too the max yet but they will and it will be fast!!! dont get me wrong pcie is already faster than agp so definitly no question about it 16x PCIE

The current AGP cards dont even make out the 8x. So the PCIe really won't be using half there bus speed for a long time, or untill the GPU's get faster......

Or they might use the extra bandwith from the pci-e bus for other things. Like hypermemory and turbocache uses the pci-e bus to "emulate" dedicated ram.

PCI-express isn't REALLY two times faster. Like charles_scott said, 8x is not really even used up in games. Just because it is 16x does not mean it'll run things twice as fast. Once programs use the 16x, then yeah, it will be twice as fast, but right now, they're really about the same speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom