PC with Windows or Macbook Pro?

ariel31

Beta member
Hi there,
My brother is in the Army right now, but he really wants to buy a laptop to have over there, so he gave me the honor to help him decide which to get: a laptop with Windows or a Macbook Pro. Although, I have no idea what he should get. So I am asking the knowledgeable people on this site to help me. If I could, I would like a list of pros and cons of each side, and please don't be biased, I want some strict facts. Please help me find the right thing for my brother who is selflessly serving our nation. :)

This is really a personal choice.

What is he going to use it for?
Does he know how to use Apple's operating system?
Does he have a budget?
What kind of pro's/con's are you looking for?

Either way, they are going to be able to do the same things. It all depends on his personal preference.

OK, he is mainly going to use it for Facebook, skyping, etc.
And I am looking for pros and coins as in memory, hard disk space, appearance, cost and other things like that.

i could never justify paying for a mac, its just so over priced and the pc (windows ) alternative for the same price would smash it.

(bring the flames apple lovers....lol)

OK, he is mainly going to use it for Facebook, skyping, etc.
And I am looking for pros and coins as in memory, hard disk space, appearance, cost and other things like that.

Well, this all depends. You can get laptops of both kinds with a variety of each option.

What's the budget?

i could never justify paying for a mac, its just so over priced and the pc (windows ) alternative for the same price would smash it.

(bring the flames apple lovers....lol)

Well, first we don't flame here. Second, generally, your statement is correct, though "smash" is probably too strong a word, you will get more with a Windows laptop than a Mac laptop for the same price point. But with that said, if you look at an "ultrabook", it's not hard to pay about the same price as a Macbook.

Again, what's the budget - that's going to be the most helpful.

Back
Top Bottom