PC wants to format my flahh drive

tintin1012000

Beta member
Hey all,
Just joined so be nice !!

I have problems with my 64gb Verbatim flash drive where by my Laptop wants to format it when i plug it in, The strange thing is that this drive works perfect on other computers, I have used it on XP and 7 OS with no problems, I have a 1TB Verbatim USB 3 external drive and this works on my PC with no issue,

My laptop OS was only re-installed 2 weeks back but this issue has been happening for the past month,

Any ideas, ???

Hey and welcome :),

I know it's far from ideal but it looks like Windows is recognising it as corrupt or something so what you may want to look at doing is transferring everything from the flashdrive onto either that laptop or another computer, then plugging it into your laptop and allowing it to format it. Should resolve the issue. Then you can transfer all your files back onto the flash drive.

However please make sure that once you have transferred the data everything is valid and working before formatting your flash drive.

The drive is empty as I have transfered all data to my other PC, I tried to let XP format it but it wont format either, I have tried all 3 USB ports and still cant get it to work,

Hey and welcome :),

I know it's far from ideal but it looks like Windows is recognising it as corrupt or something so what you may want to look at doing is transferring everything from the flashdrive onto either that laptop or another computer, then plugging it into your laptop and allowing it to format it. Should resolve the issue. Then you can transfer all your files back onto the flash drive.

However please make sure that once you have transferred the data everything is valid and working before formatting your flash drive.

Back
Top Bottom