PC to Xbox

LambOfGod

Fully Optimized
Hey guys i dont have time to research this. One of my co-workers asked if there is a program that would let you play Media off your PC to your Xbox via wireless.

He wants to play Mp3, view pictures, and play videos from his laptop PC on his Xbox/TV

Is this possible?

yeah, DL WMP11 and that now includes windows media connect.

you should be able to remotly locate your PC from XBox as long as its on the same network and stream audio and video over thats in your WMP library...or atleast thats how it work on the Roku Soundbridge...

ohh hold on Xbox 360 right?

kjman87 said:
yeah, DL WMP11 and that now includes windows media connect.

you should be able to remotly locate your PC from XBox as long as its on the same network and stream audio and video over thats in your WMP library...or atleast thats how it work on the Roku Soundbridge...

ohh hold on Xbox 360 right?

no just a standard X-box

ok then i dont know...I know the 360 can do it but not sure bout the standard...ill get back to you

You have to mod your original xbox with either a firmware hack or a modchip. Head over to www.xbox-scene.com. You will find any information regarding the original xbox and xbox360 there. Once your xbox is modded you have to install Xbox Media Center on it and you will then be able to stream pictures/videos/music from your pc to your xbox. Hope that helps ya!

iceshooter16 said:
You have to mod your original xbox with either a firmware hack or a modchip. Head over to www.xbox-scene.com. You will find any information regarding the original xbox and xbox360 there. Once your xbox is modded you have to install Xbox Media Center on it and you will then be able to stream pictures/videos/music from your pc to your xbox. Hope that helps ya!
uhhmm tho, if you softmod it, or hard mod it, YOU MUST COLD RESET YOUR XBOX(put the disc in, turn off, and boot straight to game) or you could get your gamertag, or xbox banned from xbox live, if no live, no worries :)

iceshooter16 said:

So does this suggestion work?

should i send this quote to my co-worker?

yes it does, but you'll need a modchip or a softmod

EDIT

BTW
if you get a modchip, the bios that are included most likely contain XBMC anyway, so don't worry about that

Alright, I have a modchip in my Xbox AND Xbox Media Center plus various other Xbox softwares.

First of all, yes, you must mod it to be able to stream. Is it worth it? I don't know if I would do it just to stream some video, but if you want to pirate games you can save yourself some serious cash. It's a fairly difficult process, especially if you're going to use a modchip.

boardordi, I didn't really understand what you're talking about, but yes, if you go on Xbox Live with a modded Xbox, you will be banned. Not just your gamertag, but your EEPROM (a type of read only memory) will be banned, and consequently your Xbox won't be able to go on XBL on any gamertag. That said, if you have a modchip, you can relock the hard drive (set it to read only like it is regularly) and switch off the chip to boot to the normal dashboard and you can play online without a problem. This is one of the advantages of a hardware modchip over a softmod.

And, uh, paperplunger, the BIOS doesn't include a dashboard. The BIOS is the thing where the modchip / softmod tells the Xbox to boot to the alternate dashboard that is installed on the hard drive. Some examples of dashboards are Evolution X, Xbox Media Center, and more. So basically, after you mod the BIOS by a modchip or a softmod, you have to download a dashboard online and install it to the hard drive. The modchip will then boot to the new dashboard and you'll be set.

Back
Top Bottom