PC Repair Flier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with what Harper has been saying.
If you're going to charge flat fees I'd recommend them not being on site, rather at your house/office/whatever. It is NOT worth the trouble of driving out (gas and wear on your car) and having somebody breathing down your neck the whole time and for virus/spyware removal it's likely to be a long job. For on site stuff charge an hourly fee. In the Mpls/St Paul area rates are about $80/hr, so I guess you could charge half of this.
Drop the SOuth Park character, it looks cheesy. Also definitely drop the ex-Geeksquad thing and mention your numerous qualifications (A+ Certified, X years of experience in repair, etc.). This will sound a lot better.
Also have your customers sign a work order (so they understand and agree to the work you'll be doing), a disclaimer (so you're not liable for crap going wrong that's not your fault), and have them before you begin. Don't lift a finger until they pay. Also use receipts and keep records. This stuff will save your @$$ I guarentee it.
Lastly avoid printing this flier on plain white paper, it makes it look unprofessional. Print it on light yellow or something so it catches the eye better.

nitestick said:
1. i am a very sleep deprived young man and apparently just by averaging 2 or 3 nights in a week where you lose 2 hours of sleep your IQ can drop by about 17 points :p which might explain a few things

Ohh crap I'm brain dead. :)

They're right about the south park char looking unprofessional, but you do need something to grab the eye, so if you can't find anything else then leave it. Another thing it targets the wrong group of people, after all how many 30-50 year olds watch south park. Most people under 30 either don't have money to spend or already know friends that do that same for them. Over 60+ just don't have much interest in computers. No matter what you do its going to put some people away and attract others.

You can't be too professional. If mcdonalds and chillies ended up costing the same which would you eat at? Most people like professionals over amatures, I know your not an amature just making a point as this is the first impression people are going to get from you.

If your going to stick to listing prices then change diagnostic to call out, cause 'I don't need a diagnostic, I just need you to put in my whatever' or maybe split them into 2 different fees, but that might seem like nickle and dimeing.

If I were you I wouldn't want to tie myself to geek squad, as those two words to me mean dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom