PC Refresh

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Hi everyone,

I've just given my PC a bit of a 'refresh' by putting it into a new case and giving it a new PSU. (from Fractal cheapo case and GX650 PSU to a Cooler Master Silencio 352 and a Cooler Master V650 hybrid modular PSU).

Since doing this, I have an 'error' on a USB root hub, which I fixed by removing and reinstalling it's driver (presumably due to the different root hub connecting from the front panel of the new case?)

since I plugged the new front-of-case audio jumper in to the motherboard, my audio device (Realtek onboard) has ceased to exist in dev manager and my audio icon in the system tray is 'no playback devices detected'.

Tried removing all drivers for audio and reinstalling, updated all USB drivers, nothing. Even if I remove the jumper, the audio doesn't work.

I've been fiddling for a day now and gotten nowhere, considering a full reload of Windows. Anything else you lovely lot can think of for me to try before I go the whole hog and wipe n' load?

Cheers :whistling:

EDIT: Forgot to add, previously removing the jumper DID restore audio to my PC, but it was touch and go and i had to keep removing and reinserting cables to get sound through. Since updating those USB drivers removing them makes no difference it's always just soundless.

Also forgot to add I've wiped CMOS and restored factory defaults to BIOS settings to no avail.

Last edited:
I would check that the motherboard stand offs are in the right holes and not shorting the board.

Wow now I feel silly, took the board back out and found some of the stand offs were loose/fell off when i pulled the board up.

Re-seated them all properly and put the board back on and gently screwed in... all seems to be working for now. :angel:

Don't feel bad as this was pretty common mistakes for builders. I'm guilty of that too.

At least I learned from my mistakes. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom