PC Problem (Yes, again)

iflabs

Baseband Member
Okay, my computer won't boot up properly, even after reformating and reinstalling the PC.

After shutting down the computer and for a certain amount of time, it won't start up correctly; the computer fans turns on but nothing shows up on the screen--I can't even hear the processor running. The only way it'll boot up is if I let it idle for a while in that state of condition and than boot it up again--now I can hear the processor run. The computer also freezes up from time to time.

I know it's not the video card for sure. I've tried the PC without the video card and still have the same problem. It's not Winxp either.

Could it possibly be my Mobo or Ram?

I have:

Intel D865GBF mobo
P4 2.8GHZ Prescott
Kingston Vaule Ram Dual Channel 512mb x 2 PC3200

It could be your processor is getting overheated that would explain why your computer freezes up from time to time

it could also be your mobo.
i had an old a bit low end mobo with my set up.
i played cal of duty on it for about six hours once, the session only ended when it shutdown itself and started showigng the same symptoms as you have. after that i started getting occasional freezing followed by a wait for a few minutes before it would re boot.
i tested every thing with no succsess. i re formated still no joy. i knew that my mobo was a bit outdated so changed that. i now have it back to a1 condition.

I doubt it has to do nothing with overheating problems. My Intel Active Monitor gives me a reading of 37 degress celsius, which is good. The freezing isn't a constant problem, it only occurs a few times. And the freezing can happeneanytime anywhere--even at boot up.

Not to mention, I had to replace the Mobo once when I was building my PC to get it working. I lost faith in Intel......

So many possiblities! However, your RAM may be damaged in several areas, thus making it perform at low class levels. Try replacing the RAM (if you have that ability and money) and see what happens (it can't hurt to replace it either with better ram, especially lower latency and better timings)

Back
Top Bottom