pc probe and temperature

diggitydoggz

Solid State Member
I'm getting really worried. When my computer is in idle state, sometimes PC probe reads the Motherboard temperature as getting as high as 51 degrees. It also reads the CPU temperature as abnormally high when I'm doing stuff like ripping CD's or playing call of duty. I understand that it would do that while I'm playing a game but I see no reason for it to show that while I'm just idling. Do you all think it's a problem with pc probe or something else?

Check out other programs.

Download RealTemp and tell us what you get. It may just be the program messing up.

hey , i just tried out realtemp. i'm not really sure how to read this thing: under temperature it lists two things (both unlabeled), one that is 46 and one that is 37. it doesn't tell me which one's the motherboard temperature though... (the motherboard temp on the pc probe at this same time is 48, and the cpu is 38). the temp on pc probe tends to start low and notify me that it's getting abnormally high when i leave it on for a while or play music for a while.

When's the last time you opened up your computer and cleaned out the dust bunnies?
bunny.gif

Yea you woudn't want to have it looking like this

2516501531_d965f442ca.jpg

go to Radioshack or somewhere and buy some compressed air (I.E DUST REMOVER)

when you use realtemp, make sure the tjmax is set to 100,that will give you your true temp, if you don't set tjmax to 100 in the settings your displayed temp will be lower than what it really is, pcwizard and coretemp are also pretty accurate for temps as well...

Back
Top Bottom