PC or Mac?

macbook

Fully Optimized
Basically want to know, what do you prefer, not taking money into account! (i wish that was what i could do) but i just want to know what all of you prefer!

first, to many threads like this have been posted before. So just use the search button if you want to know.
Second, i'm going to answer this question now XP, I would like to have a mac with dual monitors for my webdesign and stuff, but my pc for gaming. yeah.

Chris

draconum said:
first, to many threads like this have been posted before. So just use the search button if you want to know.
Second, i'm going to answer this question now XP, I would like to have a mac with dual monitors for my webdesign and stuff, but my pc for gaming. yeah.

Chris

Well i am sorry (not at all really) but if i go to those threads and make a post i get accused of bringing up old news so i have decided to make a new one!!!

Secondly...Why do so many people like pc's more!!! Explain

it's because they're so common because people find them easyer to use because of microsofts domination on the market. Plus they're what all games for the pc play on, they're easy to use (yes so are macs), and people are fimilar with them. Macs may be good for video editing and what not, but people are more scared to buy them because they all come from apple, nobody else makes them. They're also scared to switch due to not having all the same features of a pc on the mac as well as not being able to transfer they're current information and stuff from they're pc to the mac. But yeah that's why "I" think people use pc's more.

Chris

Dishdog said:
PC for gaming, MAC for video editing.

I'll have to second that, i can do more on a gaming PC than i will do on a Mac,
but that's just me, i'm more into gaming and music editing.:)

I have just changed to mac and this is why i am asking, i think my mac is soo much easier to use than the pc, and better in other ways for several reasons such as

1. Dashboard! (Things that tell you the weather, keep notes, manage iTunes, watch TV Calculator, Diary, Dictionary, Google, Google mas and lots lots more all in one built in program.

2. You dont need to mess around in add or remve programs like in a pc you can just drag and drop it into the bin!

3. The toolbar at the bottom! you know what it is :p

4. Much less viruses

5. THE LOOKS!

And thats why :p

As good as OSX is, here's something I heard:

Up until OSX, MacOS had no protected memory. In other words, if one program crashed, your whole system went down like a pack of dominoes. Windows had that protection right from Win95.

So, MacOS 7, 8 and 9 were not only ugly, but extremely unstable and nasty. Some of the kernel was no better than Win3.1 in bits, Apple completely destroyed it and started over with OSX. And I'm glad they did.

I will admit OSX is a joy to use. Before it came out, I would never have thought of switching to Mac, but now... if I could get all the very latest AAA game titles and loads and loads of software, I would definitely seriously consider switching.

Never really had a go on a mac...Shame they didnt grasp their hold on the market before microsoft did

Back
Top Bottom